Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

How long have we been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Flurry #2

pregnancy

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not to brag but...

I WON!!! Justin's work bracket challenge that is! :) I'm officially $342 richer now...wooohooo!!!! I had the pleasure of whooping my hubby's tail too...you know the boy hates to lose at anything!! But especially to his wife who doesn't have a CLUE about bball or any of these teams for that matter. He did come in 13th out of 57 ppl so not bad at all. They had a prize for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place...the $ was split 60%, 30%, & 10%. See the link below that shows the standings...

http://bigdancebham.mayhem.cbssports.com/opm/standings?tag=fastFacts.collegebasketball

Now I just have to decide what I want to spend my $$ on! :)

In other news...

Carter had his 1 yr appt last Wed. The doctor said he looks perfect & that he thinks he'll be a pretty tall fella. He did have to get his finger pricked & 3 shots but he was a trooper & barely fussed. The funny thing was after they took his blood & put a bandaid on the end of his finger...he kept thinking it was food in his hand & kept trying to put it in his mouth to eat...it was funny but kind of sad too. I did have some cheerios that we gave him to eat since he obviously had food on his mind. His stats were...
Height: 31.25" (90th percentile)
Weight : 24 lbs 9 oz  (75th percentile)
Head circum:  19.75" (Ha! off the charts still!)

So he has gained 2 lbs, grown almost 2 inches & his head has grown 1/4 of an inch since his 9 mo check-up.

If you want to check out his growth chart click on the link below...
http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowthchart.asp
email: ashley.flurry@yahoo.com
password : Carter330

In other sad news...
 
I received the postcard in the mail yesterday from the wildlife center where I dropped off BB last week. When you drop off an animal, you can send them a self-addressed stamped postcard for them to send you once they are finished with the treatment of the animal to let you know if & when they are released back into the wild. Unfortunately, BB's was marked "did not survive due to soft tissue injuries, aspiration & shock"...I was so disappointed to hear that!!! Oh well at least we tried to save her life. I'm sure it won't be the last time I take an animal up there.
 
And one last thing...kind of funny...
 
I signed up Justin & I for the Bromberg's Diamond Dash this w/e in dowtown B'ham. If you live in B'ham, I'm sure you've heard the ad on the radio, but all you do is fill out a form on their website & if they pick you, then you go to Linn Park at 11am on Sat. to compete. It lasts until 3pm & they send you & your partner text msgs with clues & you race around B'ham trying to find a diamond ring worth $15,000!! You can only walk or use bikes or public transportation to get around. On the submission form you have to put a fun picture of you & your partner & tell them why you should be chosen to compete to win the ring...I'm sure most ppl are either engaged or getting married. My picture & story went like this...first off the picture was one of me & Carter & our reason we should be able to compete...to get his future wife's ring...I had to have some reason! :) But I guess it worked & we got picked! The only thing is each person has to have a working cellphone that can receive text msgs so obviously Carter is out & Justin gets to be my partner. I'm sure it'll be a fun break away from tax season for him & we are both very competitive & love trivia, so we'll see how it goes. Wish us luck & oh if you live in B'ham & have 2 bikes we can borrow...let me know!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment