Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

How long have we been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Flurry #2

pregnancy

Monday, May 10, 2010

A bit nostalgic

So a few wks back I promised to scan some old school pics of J & I & put them up here since we have now spent 10 yrs together. So I hope you enjoy the blast from the past....

These were right after we first met. Check out those Elvis style chops Justin's sporting! We won't discuss the obvious fluctuation of weight for both of us from then to now...


On the bus at my 1st AXO formal in ATL
Dressed up for the annual "Jamaica Me Crazy" social

Good 'ole zaps from socials/date parties...I have a million of these it seems like!

At Lay lake...
My graduation day...
Sara & Jay's wedding...Sept 2003.
New Years...I have no idea what year.

This w/e was fun but madness as usual. Friday night we celebrated Justin's birthday a day early just the 3 of us. I grabbed his favorite strawberry cake from Edgars...YUM...& sent him on a scavenger hunt around our house for his present. I had clues that took him somewhere in the house where he would find hints having to do with what his gift was...here is an example of a few of the hints...LP, 113 Y, & 12.9.10. His present was 2 tickets to the Colts vs. Titans game in Nashville on Dec. 9. The Titans play at LP Field & our seats are in section 113 Row Y. They are pretty good seats in the lower section, 25 rows up on the 40 yard line. I did a little bargaining on Ebay & got a decent deal on them...I didn't realize how outrageous NFL tickets were. Justin's man-crush is Peyton Manning & he told me a long time ago that he would love tickets to see him play sometime so we'll be going to see him in the Music City on a Th. night in Dec. I think he was very surprised & pleased with what I got him. Speaking of surprises he gave me my Mother's Day present early on Fri. night...I got a SEWING MACHINE!!! I couldn't believe it. I thought I would ask for one for Christmas since I've finally decided it is time to learn how to use one & I'm sure I could save tons of $$ by making some of my own kids' clothes, doing my own hems, etc. I can't wait to learn how to use it & hopefully one day get a monogram machine too...oh the possibilities.

Sat. we got up early & took Coco to the vet since we were pretty sure she had a urinary tract infection. She would constantly go outside & squat to go potty & half the time nothing would come out...poor thing! She is on a good antibiotic now & is acting totally back to normal. We also took Lucky to get her yearly shots & check-up. Carter went with Justin's Dad & Stepmom to Gadsden & then stayed with his mom that night so that Justin & I could help hostess a cookout for our friends Jennifer & Chris in Trussville. We were in charge of desserts & paper products & since we were expecting around 50-60 ppl I figured I'd make a good variety of things. I made 2 batches of brownies, a sour cream pound cake & banana pudding. Of course we get all the way out there & I realize that I've left this.....
in the fridge! Oh I was SO furious at myself for forgetting it. It was the only refrigerated thing & out of sight, out of mind I guess. We are definitely enjoying it but there is SO much!!! Come on over if you want some yummy banana pudding. :) I would hate to waste it!!

Sunday we did church with the mothers & my bro & then went to RCC for their Sunday brunch. After Carter & me (ha!) got an afternoon nap in we headed to my Dads to visit with them for a little while. I was exhausted after a long w/e & speaking of exhausted it is way past my bed time so GOOD NIGHT! :)

4 comments:

  1. love love the old pictures!!! how funny! and those sideburns did crack me up. so glad you had a good mothers day. and that is very exciting about the sweing machine, i have always wanted to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYE is from EW's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA yeah I know where it was just not sure which year it was...we spent many a New Years watching the fireworks from EW's back porch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of you and Justin at the lake looks like it was taken at our lake house on the pier. Maybe from one of our crazy weekends at the lake?

    ReplyDelete