Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

How long have we been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Flurry #2

pregnancy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A day of parks

Saturday we took Carter down to our neighborhood park early on in the day to avoid the heat & just to get out of the house. He loved the slide & climbing on everything as best he could. Please excuse the sort of fuzzy video clip (I don't put videos on here enough to remember everytime how to save the best quality video w/o making it a gigantic file), my attire & cheering/mommy talk... 

Once Carter got bored of that we decided to do a little driving around. I mentioned how we should go to Georgetown Park & feed the ducks & before I knew it we were at Bruno's grabbing some bread & headed that way. For those that don't know where this little hidden gem is (which is probably all of you) it is a little lake with a walking trail & a playground right off of Lorna Road back in a neighborhood...you'd never know it was there if you didn't drive back there. We had a great time & I think C really liked the ducks other than the one that nipped him to snag the bread out of his hand...might have been this guy...

This little duck (the prettiest of them all) couldn't get enough of us & followed us (quickly I might add - I wish I'd had my video camera out to catch his crazy waddle) about a 1/4 of the way around the lake...he must have really been hungry!
A quirky shot of C-man but you can see our little friend that had pretty blue wings.
As they all swarmed in...
There were tons of them...
Some didn't mind getting up close & personal...
Then we came across these adorable little ducklings!
And a nest with some eggs.

Next time we go I think we need to take 3 or 4 loaves of bread b/c we ran out fast & I still don't think we even fed half the ducks on the lake. We had a great time & I'm sure we'll be back soon to see if those eggs have hatched yet & check on our little friend with the pretty blue wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment