Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

How long have we been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Flurry #2

pregnancy

Thursday, October 16, 2008

16 Week Appointment

We just had our 16 week appt. on Oct. 14...no sonogram pics this time. We did get to hear the heart beat through the doplar & we found out that the test results came back normal from the last appt. where they drew 5 or 6 vials of blood...yuck! This whole process will def. help me get over my fear of needles, blood, etc. They drew another vial of blood at this appt. to run the 2nd set of abnormal testing, this time for things like spina bifida. She also told me that since my blood type is A- that makes me Rh- & I will have to get a shot at 28 weeks and possibly one more after the baby is born depending on what type of blood type he/she has. I had read a little about this Rh- issue previously but didn't realize it pertained to me...woohoo more needles! It is actually a prevention for future pregnancies and really has nothing to do with my current pregnancy which is reassuring & good to know. The doctor also said that I should def. be showing & in maternity clothes by the next appt. at 20 weeks. She didn't seem concerned that I hadn't gained any weight yet or that I'm really not showing...no wonder my work still doesn't know I'm prego. :) The baby is supposed to be about the size of an avocado weighing 3 1/2 ounces & measuring 4 1/2 inches long & is supposed to double in size over the next few weeks. I'm ready to be showing and not just have this little pooch/bloated look going on! At the next appt. we get to find out if we are having a boy or a girl & I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! I just got your e-mail! I'm so excited for ya'll and so excited that I have a new blog to keep up with! Be careful, blogging is addictive!!
    www.reedandemilyking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley & Justin and baby!
    What a neat site. I think this is awesome! Glad things are going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley! So glad you are blogging!! It is very addictive!! I am excited that everything is going so well with Baby Flurry! Before we know it we will get to meet your little one!! Looking forward to keeping up with the flurry family online! love you! ~whitney mosley

    ReplyDelete