Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

How long have we been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Flurry #2

pregnancy

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Little Miss

I haven't updated on the little munchkin in a while much less put up the 20 wk sonogram pics so here they are...

This is her profile with her right arm up on her forehead...oh the drama. :)


I originally thought the disk we got at the appt had these pics along with a few others but I was pleasantly surprised to figure out that it had the entire sonogram on video! Dr. T has switched practices since I had C so this was new to me & I thought it was pretty exciting. I will forewarn you that it is 10 min long & maybe a bit odd but I figured I would share for those that are interested in seeing all of her precious little body parts. The thermal paper runs out in the middle of it & she uses a lot of abbreviations like "bl" for bladder, "st" for stomach & "kids" for kidneys but it is still neat to watch her move around. Ok so I couldn't get the entire video to download in one clip (entirely too large) so it is broken out into 5 clips.





Little bit still doesn't have a name but I hope to have one finalized soon...she does have her bedding picked out though. :) A few w/e's ago we went to Mobile to visit my SIL & fam & Sara & I went around on Sat to a bunch of the awesome fabric stores they have down there. It is hard to really see the colors in the pic (they are light pink, a faint gray & a touch of chocolate brown) but this is what we picked out. The crib skirt will be the top owl fabric...I have a new fascination with owls & thought it ws super cute.  Her bumper will be the damask (3rd one from the left) on the outside & the pink minky (2nd from the left) on the inside. The striped on the far left will be the piping & ties for the bumper. We plan to make a balloon shade with the damask material for the port hole window she has in her room & a lamp shade with the funky round dot silk on the far right. The current rocker/recliner we have in C's room is what we will use in hers but it is a soft mint green color so I had to incorporate that in. I am going to make a throw pillow with the quilted solid pink material & monogram her initials on it with the same green color as the chair. I can't wait to get it all made & set up in her room. Sara, Jay & the girls will be in town for nearly a week right around Father's Day & since she is very experienced with making all of this stuff (she made C's stuff for his room as well as the nursery set for her girls) she is going to be helping show me how to make it...thank goodness! I def. know I'm going to need help with the bumper & the shade. She is so talented with the sewing machine so I know she can show me quite a few pointers.

I am 27 weeks now (this pregnancy is flying by) & feeling great!! I had my gestational diabetes test at my last appt (24 wks) & I assume I passed b/c I haven't heard back from them & usually "no news, is good news". Everything is going great & we are just trucking along. I've started feeling her getting the hiccups (C got them all the time) which always makes me laugh & she really loves to see how much room she still has in there all the time. :)

Potty training update...
I wish I had really positive news to tell you about our 3-day training process but unfortunately I don't. I hate to say we failed but I just had high hopes for a successful w/e & it started out that way but then went down hill as the w/e went on. The first day went well with the usual and expected accidents but he was already understanding & asking to go potty by right after lunch. By the 2nd day he was holding it until that same time (around 1pm) & would give tons of false alarms where he would say he had to go, we'd rush to the potty & then he'd go "nevermind, I don't need to go anymore" when he really did. That would eventually end up being an accident & then we'd try to finish it on the potty but he would freak out & want off as quickly as possible (we are using a step stool that J built for him & a potty seat on the big potty so he is comfortable). The only problem is he has a fear of releasing into the toilet (this is supposedly very common) but loves to flush it & watch everything go down, to put cheerios in it to "aim" at, & even to pull the toilet paper off the roll & drop it in. By the 3rd day he had completely gone backwards in progress & was just in pain from holding it for so long. Then when he went down for a nap & of course he would go in the bed & would wake up all upset for going. Monday was a very tough day & there were a lot of tears shed by both of us...a mother can't stand to see their child upset & in pain. :( I also worry about him getting a UTI or some other infection from not going potty. So all & all it wasn't a total waste b/c he gets it, we just have to get him used to using the potty. The other thing I realized is his two year molars are coming in (I actually felt the top 2 breaking thru tonight) which the doctor said we might not even notice but he has been waking up crying in the middle of the night for the past few weeks & drooling like crazy (so bad we had to change his sheets in the middle of the night the other night from drool). So I think this may be affecting the whole process too...we are giving him some tylenol for the pain but he just hasn't been himself anyway. So maybe it's just bad timing...who knows. We are going to keep at it though b/c you read everywhere that consistency is best so we will see how it goes over the next few months. School is supposed to try to help as well but he won't be in the actual potty training classroom until he moves rooms in Aug. Today was his first day back (J stayed at home with him yesterday...I was just hoping we would have a breakthrough but instead he held his potty until 5:30 pm!!) & we put him in pull-ups but let him take underwear b/c he likes to wear them but isn't afraid to poop in them which is better than holding that! Boys are stubborn especially ours so he'll get there when he's ready. More potty updates to come down the road. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment